Timothy Brett joined Wilson Kibler in 2018 as a brokerage associate in the firm’s Greenville office. Mr. Brett is well-versed in public relations, governmental affairs and community relations. He served in the South Carolina House of Representatives from 1982 to 1986. Mr. Brett also was the Congressional Staff Aide to U.S. Representative Carroll A. Campbell, Jr. and later served as a campaign manager for Campbell’s 1984 re-election campaign.
After leaving the House of Representatives in 1986, Mr. Brett became political director for Congressman Campbell’s successful campaign for Governor of South Carolina. He was later named senior executive assistant to Governor Campbell, where he managed legislative affairs and made appointment recommendations for state boards and commissions.
Mr. Brett left that post in 1987 to become director of governmental affairs and community relations for Michelin North America. For nearly seven years he was responsible for managing Michelin’s contracted lobbyists around the country, overseeing corporate contributions and managing Michelin’s participation in community affairs.
Since leaving Michelin in 1993, Tim has managed his own public relations companies ranging in size from small to large. In 2015, Tim downsized to form BrettSC to take on a small number of key clients of his choosing.
- Congressional aide then campaign manager for US Rep Carroll Campbell, Jr.
- Successfully ran Campbell’s gubernatorial campaign in 1986
- Senior Executive Assistant to Governor Campbell for Legislature and Board of Commission Appointments
- Director of Government and Community Relations for Michelin North America between 1987 and 1993
- Former DOT Commissioner
- Former CEO of Complete PR
- Member, First Baptist Church Mauldin