Marc is a native of Myrtle Beach. He was in the banking industry for thirty years, serving in various management capacities. Several roles involved real estate – mortgage lending, Real Estate Owned properties, collections and mortgage loan servicing. He concentrates on the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand markets, extending west to Columbia. Marc holds both a South Carolina and a North Carolina real estate license.
Mr. Smith’s extensive roster of memberships and honors include:
- First United Methodist Church, Myrtle Beach, SC, Past Chairman, Trustees; Past Finance Committee Chairman and Administrative Board Member, Past Secretary/Treasurer of the FUMC Foundation Trust
- Rotary Club of Myrtle Beach-Chicora, Foundation Chair, Past President & Past Rotary Foundation Advocate.
- Rotary District 7770, District Finance Committee
- United Way of Horry County, Secretary/Treasurer & Board Member
- Leadership Grand Strand, Graduate
Mr. Smith graduated from Furman University with a bachelor of science degree in mathematics. Marc also graduated from the Graduate School of Community Bank Management at the University of Texas.